Our submarine tours offer you a one of a kind opportunity to discover the underwater beauty of the Sunshine Coast through Australia’s first tourist submarine, SUBCAT.
Being in a submarine and descending to 30 meters underwater is an adventure in itself. You will get to see real marine life up close in its natural habitat. It is an eye-opening experience that takes you beyond the classroom as you learn about coral, reef life and submersibles while visiting our sunken shipwrecks and reefs.
After picking you up from your location, our professional team will give you information about the dive and submarine in our Mooloolaba office. Following boarding the submarine, passengers will remain sited outside the cabin on the rear deck of the submarine until arriving at a dive site. After progressing inside the cabin before a dive, you will be allocated a place in front of a viewport, normally shared by 2 people. The duration of stay under water is about 35 – 40 minutes.
During the dive, our assistant captain will inform you about the submarine and underwater features in a pleasant environment while the divers around the submarine will entertain you and your kids.
The tours are open to people of all ages and physical conditions not including children aged under 2 years. Our submarine is equipped with cabin air conditioning and the atmospheric air pressure life support for customers comfort.
We offer 5 dives per day, 6 days a week departing from the Mooloolaba Wharf or from a commercial pontoon located at the Spit.
- Round–trip transportation from selected Mooloolaba hotels
- Submarine Tour
- Personalised Submarine Dive Certificate
- Photos taken by our divers
- Memorabilia about the tour available at the departure location.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & TIPS:
- Check in time 30 minutes before departure.
- Do not forget your cameras to record this amazing event.
- There are no specific requirements in regards to cloth except you must have your shoes on.
- It is advisable to wear a hat for the time of transportation to the dive site.
- Food or water won’t be offered during the tour.
- There is no toilet on board. It is why the tours are between 1 and 1.5 hour in duration.
- Child prices are applicable for children aged between 2 and 12 years.
The following tours will become available from the 14th of December 2019.
Booking is now open via our crowdfunding campaign.
Mudjimba Island Dive $253 $143
Semi-Submersible Tour (River Cruise - No booking required) $55 $33
Private functions (per hour) $4950
Educational Excursions 25% Discount on All Tours
*All prices are inclusive GST
Please contact us in regards to Private functions and Educational excursions to book it early at a discounted rate.